Brands and Affiliates
Brands and Affiliates
In our stores we stock a number of brands of sheepskin footwear.
These brands include;
- Our own, "Mortels", being the majority of our footwear sold in our stores, 100% Australian Sheepskin and NOW 100% Australian made, approximately 35,000 pairs a year.
- Please note, prior to 2017 and over the years, up to 3 styles (or 5,000 pairs in addition to our 35,000 pairs) were Made in China and branded "Mortels" and tagged Made in China. We still have some of this stock remaining in our stores.
- Our own, "Shearers Way", designed and Quality Control by us - made in China from 100% Australian Sheepskin, true story because we supply the factories with our sheepskins which we source directly from Australian abattoirs.
- Emu Australia - the range we keep are made in China
- Yellow Earth - made in China
Why do we stock other brands? CHOICE!
Mortels® are proud innovators of ecologically friendly tanning methods. Mortels® EnviroTan® method uses advanced environmentally friendly tanning processes, solutions and agents which delivers sheepskins that are free from harming chemicals thus safer materials for Mortels® staff to work with, safer products for Mortels® customers to enjoy and also a safer process and product for the environment. Now that’s peace of mind!
Australian Made and Owned
Mortels® are proud to be a licensee of the Australian Made Campaign. Mortels® have been owned by Australians, employing Australians and manufacturing in Australia since 1958.
Australian Sheepskin Association
Mortels® are one of the founding members of the Australian Sheepskin Association; formed in 2004 when American company Deckers Outdoor Corporation (owner of UGG Australia brand) threatened many Australian manufacturers of ugg boots with legal action if they did not cease calling their sheepskin boots by their common name "ugg boots".
Today the Australian Sheepskin Association exists to promote, serve and protect the Australian ugg boot industry, its product and workforce.
All Mortels® car seat covers have been developed and are made so that in the event of a car accident, are specially designed seat covers will allow the side impact airbags to deploy.